The master’s program in “Media Management” is a comprehensive educational package in line with the regulations and decisions made by the Ministry of Science, Research, and Technology of Iran. The functions of management are studied in this program in order to promote and develop creative media industries. Today, the role of the media in societies is increasingly being taken into consideration. In recent decades, the media have shown great social, political, and economic capabilities to name a few. As a result, the media management has become particularly different compared with management of other organizations. The media management program is now offered in many business schools worldwide, implying that business is the global focus in this program.
An important goal of this program is to train media managers and specialists who have the ability to manage a variety of media organizations in a competitive media environment. These specialists must be well acquainted with the developments of media technology and be able to guide the media mechanism in accordance with the macro goals of national development. Media Management aims to make appropriate use of social media for guiding public opinion and to give the subject of media management professional treatment.
Graduates of this program are considered professionals working as researchers or advisors in the field of media management. They will have managerial capabilities in media organizations for influencing public opinions and capturing the media market. These graduates will also be able to conduct scholarly research on media management.
The MA program in “Media Management” consists of 44 credits including 28 credits in core courses, 12 credits in prerequisites, and 4 credits in the thesis. The students are required to pass all the core courses and the thesis. However, the department will decide on the number of prerequisites to be taken, depending on the student’s undergraduate background.
The following courses are among the core courses taught in Media management: “strategic media management”, “advanced qualitative research methods”, “media economics”, “fundamentals of media management”, “advanced media management”, “human resources in creative industries”, “news management”, “social media management” , and “media policy-making”. Courses such as “fundamentals of organization and management”, “mass communication theories”, “communications law”, and “political sociology of communication” are also included in the prerequisite courses of this program.
- Total cost of the course for Iranian students who are admitted through the national entrance exam or internal university exam (2021-2022): 18 million tomans (The fee covers the student’s educational costs and does not include living expenses such as food and accommodations.
- Total cost of the course for Iranian students who are admitted through the national entrance exam or internal university exam (2021-2022): 4 thousand dollars (The fee covers the student’s educational costs and does not include living expenses such as food and accommodations.
The applicants must submit the following items to apply to the on-campus master’s programs of the University of Religions and Denominations:
- A completed application form.
- An electronic copy of the passport or a valid residence permit.
- An electronic copy of the high school diploma and bachelor’s degree or their equivalent and a certified Persian, English, or Arabic translation of the transcripts.
- The original high school diploma and bachelor’s degree or their equivalent and a certified Persian, English, or Arabic translation of the transcripts.
- One recently taken photo of the applicant, size 30x40mm.
- Applicant’s CV indicating education and work experience (optional).
By clicking on the “Apply now” button next to each program, you will be transferred to the registration portal, where you can upload and submit your application documents. Your application will not be complete until all the required items are submitted.