The Doctoral program of “Wisdom of Religious Arts” is a comprehensive educational package in line with the regulations and decisions made by the Ministry of Science, Research, and Technology of Iran. It is an interdisciplinary field of humanities and art. Those interested to study in this program must be MA graduates of philosophy concentrations (Western philosophy, Islamic philosophy, Philosophy of science), and religions and mysticism. The graduates of other majors are required to take a two-step test. If they pass the first exam, they will be allowed to enter the second step along with the candidates of different concentrations of philosophy.
The program aims to teach and train experts, competent in analyzing common studies between art and humanities. They are supposed to be able to perform and manage research projects, review, and make correction and revision of the existing studies and publications at their best.
The graduates of the field will both teach and perform research at higher education institutes on topics related to the wisdom of Islamic art. They can also work as expert advisers on cultural and ideological issues.
Holding a master’s degree or an equivalent is sufficient for enrollment in this program. The previous degree of the applicant must be verified by the consulate of Iran in the issuing country. Also, matching the applicants’ previous field of study with the current program is not necessary. Upon establishing the applicants’ scholarly competency and the committee’s agreement, the applicants are eligible to study in this program regardless of their previous field of study. Previous publications including books, research papers, and journal articles can positively influence the committee’s judgment.
- Total cost of the course for Iranian students who are admitted through the national entrance exam or internal university exam (2021-2022): 60 thousand dollars (The fee covers the student’s educational costs and does not include living expenses such as food and accommodations.
The applicants must submit the following documents to apply for the PhD programs (research-only) at the University of Religions and Denominations:
- A completed application form.
- An electronic copy of the passport or a valid residence permit (for the on-campus students).
- An electronic copy of the bachelor’s and master’s degree or their equivalent and a certified Persian, English, or Arabic translation of the transcripts.
- A recently taken photo of the applicant, size 30x40mm.
- Applicant’s CV, indicating education and work experience.
By clicking on the “Apply now” button next to each program, you will be transferred to the registration portal, where you can upload and submit your application documents. Your application will not be complete until all the required items are submitted.